Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Perfect (M)other


Since the earliest times, the triad has symbolised the different phases, or milestones in a woman's life, a natural progression, an indication of the 'order of things': Maiden, Mother and Crone.
Maiden symbolising playfulness, spontaneity, learning & vulnerability. Mother symbolising stability, nurtering, fertility & strength and finally Crone symbolising fullfilment, enlightenment, wisdom, maturity and grace.
As I've grown and changed I've often looked at these phases and wondered what will be required of me to achieve these milestones, and whether I will ever be graceful, wise, stable or a mother...

Yet, now as a woman well into the phase: Mother (ironic), I can't help but look at my life and notice that I have always been all these things at the same time, and although there are often days where I am strong and wise, there are days where I am vulnerable and yearning. But if I just stop and take a breath I can find everything I will ever need, right in side me, where it is always been.

So accepting the woman you are, is really the ultimate milestone, and this blog will follow my path to hopefully becoming your favourite crone :)





No comments:

Post a Comment